By becoming a member of Alzheimer's Australia NSW you have the opportunity to play an active part in the continued growth and future development of the organisation to support people with dementia, their families and carers.
Membership to Alzheimer's Australia NSW is open to anyone concerned about dementia. There are different types of memberships available – such as individuals, concessions/students, families, professional individuals and organisations.
As a member, you can choose to be active in many different ways, depending on your interests, skills and the time you have to give. There are many opportunities such as being part of a consumer focus group, participating in media or volunteering.
- Four information-packed issues of our quarterly newsletter In Touch which includes the latest information on research, clinical trials, publications, seminars and much more.
- Unlimited use of our extensive resource centre - the Alzheimer's Australia NSW library, including borrowing items. The Library provides a high quality service to people with dementia, their families and carers throughout NSW. There are over 1,500 books available for loan to members covering all aspects of dementia, as well as journals, videos and DVDs.
- Invitations to dementia education and activities, seminars, forums and other events (free or discounted exclusively to members).
- Voting rights at Annual General and Special Meetings.
- Use of an Alzheimer's Australia NSW computer to conduct your own internet searches about dementia as well as the use of a photocopier to copy information about dementia (only at our library).
- Option to join a consumer committee and participate in policy development and research initiatives.
- Member discounts for Safely Home (bracelet ID) program
- And much more
How much does membership cost?
Individual Membership fees (annual):
|Person with dementia||$15.00|
|Carer of a person with dementia||$15.00|
|Supporter and friend||$30.00|
Professional Membership fees (annual):
|Corporate (per facility/location)||$100.00*|
|Government (per department)||$100.00|
* Discounts may apply for Corporate members based on the number of facilities.
The Alzheimer’s Australia Corporate Membership/Corporate Supporter program seeks to:
- Significantly improve access to contemporary, relevant dementia-specific medical and social research, as well as information, education, training and consultancy services;
- More fully engage community and residential aged care providers in dementia related quality and service improvements;
- Improve awareness about Alzheimer’s Australia services and supports to people and residents living with dementia, and their families and carers and frontline healthcare professionals and staff.
Read more about Corporate Membership.
How do I join?
It is easy to become a member simply complete the application form and return it to us or call us on 1800 100 500.
Become a member today!