This Policy applies to services delivered by Alzheimer’s Australia NSW under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). These include some services provided in St George/Sutherland, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Forster, Wingecarribee, Queanbeyan/Cooma districts Eurobodalla and Bega Valley
Services offered under the CHSP include:
- Assistance with guidance and support to access My Aged Care
- Recently Diagnosed with Dementia sessions
- Access to the Dementia Advisor for support, advice and information (face to face and via telephone/skype)*
- Information on local services appropriate for people living with dementia and carers who are living in the community*
- Participation in monthly Support or Social Groups *
- Individual or webinar education for the carer and/or the person with a diagnosis
- Email updates about new research, resources, and links
- Access to the Mobile Respite Team (Bega Valley area only)*
- Telephone support monitoring (Southern NSW area only)*
*Subject to approval from My Aged Care
Details of the services to be provided and contribution amounts including the terms and conditions of the arrangement will be provided at registration.
All clients receiving CHSP services will be requested to make a contribution towards these services. The funds received will be used to develop and improve local services.
The contribution rate will be based on the CHSP requirements, type and frequency of services offered under the Program and cost of providing the service. It will be reviewed on the 1st of July each year. Alzheimer’s Australia NSW will offer a choice of service options as well as range of contribution amounts based on pension status.
Options to waive or subsidise the contribution are available for clients who cannot pay so they can access the services they need.
Payment is required at the time of registration for the service. Payment options include credit card, Electronic Funds Transfer and cheque/cash. Refunds will be considered for unused services.
Feedback and Appeals
Information on how to provide feedback or appeal a decision about their contributions will be provided to all clients and every effort taken to ensure they are understood. For details on our complaints management process, click here.