We offer a range of services to increase awareness of dementia in the community and highlight the importance of brain health and dementia risk reduction.
What community awareness activities are available?
We offer regular presentations at locations throughout NSW on topics such as:
- What is dementia? - explains dementia, its impact and some of the major causes focusing on the difference between normal ageing and dementia.
- Memory and ageing - an interactive session aiming to alleviate ageing worries and provide strategies to help your memory.
- Your Brain Matters™ - an interactive session providing healthy brain strategies. Read more about dementia risk reduction.
We can provide a speaker to present to your community event or group. Contact Education Ph 02 8875 4640 or email.
Our community awareness activities are supported by the Alzheimer's Australia NSW Memory Vans. They are mobile education resources which travel statewide providing information designed to help educate and assist people living with dementia, their carers and health professionals. The vans are available thanks to generous support from HSBC and the Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation.
The Memory Van can be booked to attend your community event by contacting:
- Hunter and Mid North Coast region - Belinda Munro on Ph 02 4962 7000 or email.
- Remainder of NSW - Paddye Parnell on Ph 0427 216 579 or email.
Where you can find us
Details for the Memory Van, Healthy Brain Ageing and Your Brain Matters presentations can be found via the links below. These opportunities have been made possible thanks to the generosity and support of local Council and businesses throughout NSW.
Registration for Healthy Brain Ageing is essential - please see the contact details on each flyer for more information.
Memory Van and Healthy Brain Ageing Schedules
Please see the below links for our dates and locations throughout NSW. Registration for Healthy Brain Ageing is essential - please see the contact details on each schedule for more information.