Attend our information sessions and education programs to learn more about dementia and practical ways of dealing with it.
Courses are available for:
We offer a range of services designed to support the specific needs of people living with dementia.
We have free courses and workshops in locations around NSW where you can explore issues relating to you as family carers and friends of people with dementia.
- Schedule of Carer Education - January to June 2017
Carer Courses 2017
- 19 January - One Day Course
- 30 March - Dementia Friendly Homes
- 13 April - One Day Course
- 11 May Activities at Home
- 8 June - One Day Course
- 4 Evening Carer Course - Mondays 13, 20, 27 February and 6 March 2017
- 4 Evening Carer Course - Mondays 19 & 26 June and 3 & 10 July 2017
Information and registration for the above courses is available via the flyer linked to the course or by contacting the Education Team on 02 9805 0100 or email
Education Services is able to offer customised education and professional development available anywhere in NSW. In consultation with you we can tailor-make a program to meet your specific learning needs.
Upcoming courses for health professionals and care workers 2016
2017 Professional Calendar
- Working with Families - Thursday 23 February 2017
- Meaningful Engagement in Activities - Tuesday 21 March 2017
- Experiencing Dementia and Challenging Perceptions of Behaviour associated with Dementia - Monday 1 May 2017
- Understanding Dementia and Communicating with a Person Living with Dementia - Tuesday 20 June 2017
2017 Professional Calendar
- Working with Families - 9 March 2017
- Discover the Person, not the Disease and Meaningful Engagement in Activities - 9 March 2017
- A Positive Approach to Understanding Dementia, Effective Communication and Behaviour Changes - 20 April 2017
- Meaningful Engagement in Activities - 18 May 2017
- Communicating with a Person Living with Dementia and Challenging Perceptions of Behaviour associated with Dementia
Information and registration for the courses listed above is available via the flyer linked to the course or by contacting the Education Team on 02 9805 0100 or email. A completed Registration Form is required for all participants.
Dementia Essentials is an accredited unit of competency which sits within the Certificate III Individualised Support/Aging and Certificate IV Aged Care. Find out more.
Please click on the relevant date to download the enrolment form or the word Flyer to see the Flyer.
North Ryde - Northern Sydney Education & Conference Centre Flyer.
North Ryde - Alzheimer's Australia NSW Flyer.
Cabramatta - Flyer
Campbelltown - Flyer
Campsie - Flyer
Carss Park - Flyer
Cooma - Flyer
Dubbo - Flyer
Marrickville - Flyer
Mingara Club, The Entrance - Flyer
Randwick - Flyer
Yass - Flyer
Short-course workshops focusing on fundamental principles for positive interaction and engagement with a person who has dementia.
2017 Volunteer Education
- Tuesday 7 March 2017
- Monday 15 May 2017
Information and registration for the above courses is available via the flyer linked to the course or by contacting the Alzheimer's Australia NSW on 9805 0100 or email
We provide a range of services to increase awareness of dementia and related issues in the community.
If you would like more information about where the Memory Van is visiting please contact Brain Health / Community Outreach Officer on 02 8875 4609 or email
If you facilitate or are planning to start a support group, we have a number of courses to develop your skills and provide an opportunity to meet other leaders in your area.
The calendar lists the courses planned for 2017
- Introduction to Group Leadership - 13 & 14 February 2017
- Group Leaders Forum - Promoting Resilience - 11 April 2017
- Introduction to Group Leadership - 22 & 23 May 2017
- Loss & Grief in a Carer Support Group - 5 & 6 June 2017
- Advanced Group Leadership - 26 June 2017
- Group Leaders Forum - Promoting Resilience - 15 March 2017
- Loss & Grief in a Carer Support Group - 16 & 17 March 2017
- Introduction to Group Leadership - 24 & 25 January 2017
- Loss & Grief in a Carer Support Group - 3 & 4 May 2017
- Introduction to Group Leadership - 16 & 17 May 2017
- Facilitating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Yarning Circles - 31 January 2017
- Loss & Grief in a Carer Support Group - 2 February 2017
- Group Leaders Forum - Promoting Resilience - 4 April 2017
- Introduction to Group Leadership - 5 & 6 April 2017
- Group Leaders Forum - Promoting Resilience - 30 March 2017
- Group Leaders Forum - Promoting Resilience - 14 June 2017
Aims to educate and support people living with dementia, family carers or friends, health care workers, staff and volunteers of local councils, museums and art galleries, historic homes and gardens.