Education and training - NSW
Attend our information sessions and education programs to learn more about dementia and practical ways of dealing with it.
Courses are available for:
We offer a range of services designed to support the specific needs of people living with dementia.
We have free courses and workshops in locations around NSW where you can explore issues relating to you as family carers and friends of people with dementia.
- Schedule of Carer Education - July - November 2016
- 4 Evening Carer Education - Mondays 7, 14, 21 and 28 November 2016
- Family and Friends - Thursday 18 August 2016 or Wednesday 19 October 2016
Information and registration for the above courses is available via the flyer linked to the course or by contacting the Education Team on 02 9805 0100 or email
Education Services is able to offer customised education and professional development available anywhere in NSW. In consultation with you we can tailor-make a program to meet your specific learning needs.
Upcoming courses for health professionals and care workers 2016
- Schedule of Professional Education - June to December 2016
- A Positive Approach to Understanding Dementia, Effective Communication and Behaviour Changes - Thursday 20 October 2016
- Experiencing Dementia and Communicating with a Person Living with Dementia - Tuesday 25 October 2016
- Discover the Person, not the Disease and Communicating with a Person Living with Dementia - Tuesday 18 October 2016
- Communicating with a Person Living with Dementia & Dementia Sexuality and Care - Tuesday 22 November 2016
- Understanding Dementia and Challenging Perception of Behaviour associated with Dementia - Tuesday 27 September 2016
Information and registration for the courses listed above is available via the flyer linked to the course or by contacting the Education Team on 02 9805 0100 or email. A completed Registration Form is required for all participants.
Short-course workshops focusing on fundamental principles for positive interaction and engagement with a person who has dementia.
Information and registration for the above courses is available via the flyer linked to the course or by contacting the Alzheimer's Australia NSW on 9805 0100 or email
We provide a range of services to increase awareness of dementia and related issues in the community.
If you would like more information about where the Memory Van is visiting please contact Brain Health / Community Outreach Officer on 02 8875 4609 or email
If you facilitate or are planning to start a support group, we have a number of courses to develop your skills and provide an opportunity to meet other leaders in your area.
The calendar lists the courses planned for 2016.
Aims to educate and support people living with dementia, family carers or friends, health care workers, staff and volunteers of local councils, museums and art galleries, historic homes and gardens.