Alzheimer’s Australia NSW is guided by our vision, mission and values with a clear set of strategic priorities.
A society that is committed to the prevention of dementia and that values and supports people living with dementia.
To minimise the incidence and impact of dementia through leadership, innovation and partnerships - in advocacy, policy, education, services and research.
- Respect for the dignity of all individuals
- Cooperative working relationships
- Integrity, accountability, transparency
- Value the contribution of all people involved with our work
- Strength through unity, with respect for diversity
- Responsiveness to the needs of those living with dementia, their carers and the broader community
Strategic Goal Areas 2012-15
- For the general public. We aim to build a community that understands effective risk-reduction strategies, where stigma around dementia is reduced.
- For people with memory concerns. We aim for a more timely diagnosis for people with memory concerns with a smooth referral to AlzNSW for early intervention support
- For people living with dementia and their carers. We aim to significantly improve the quality of life for people living with dementia and their carers, through service improvement initiatives and partnerships with other organisations.
- Build a strong organisation and sector. To support all these activities, we aim to increase funding to us and the dementia sector and strengthen our organisation.
- Maintain significant growth. To cope with the rapidly increasing dementia challenge we aim to significantly grow our organisation's capacity and outreach.